The backing up itself (or copy process) can be started, simply by selecting a previously saved project. You can start it also using the timer but for this please refer to the options section. We describe the normal procedure:
Choose Project - Run in the main menu and select the smd-project file you want to run.
You will see the Project Run screen:
Way of working:
- Check source and destination items.
The copying itself did not start yet; you first get the opportunity to check source and destination. You can see the selected source items AND all the corresponding full path destination items one after one.
- Check reporting options.
To be sure what the program exactly is doing and what the results are you have the reporting possibilities using reporting selection boxes.
- None: means there is no report at all
- Normal: means you can follow all the important info and actions like start and end times, which files that are overwritten, eventual errors....
- Extended: it follows about every step of the execution, mentioning for instance also that a specific file does not change. This is only recommended for first time users who do not feel safe yet with the program. It can quite slowdown the process.
- Log-file: If you also check the log-file checkbox then a log-file will be made, storing the same information as you saw during execution. The log-file contains every line that passed, whereas the text in the report area during execution is limited in size (100 lines), which can cause you do not see everything afterwards (first part cut off), in that area. So if you want to check everything afterwards it is strongly recommended to use this option.
- Hit run-button
Hit the run button to start the copy process, using the current project and reporting options.
In the report area you can now follow what the program is doing, according to the report options you just chose. You can also see what item is being processed, following the blue bars in source and destination areas.
During execution you can change the reporting options by just clicking on them.
Also, if you want to stop the copy process for some reason there is still a way out. Just hit the ESCAPE-button on your KEYBOARD in emergency situations. The program will be halted after the current source-file has been processed. Remark it does not work during cleaning on destination, but if really urgent you can hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and then choose end task.
In the report and status bar area you will see if the process has ended. Then just hit the close-button and the job is done!