- To save time you can let the program remember what folders you usually use for the dbx-files, filter files and output files. You are recommended to use these options to win time!
- Output kind...
Standard output is a raw txt-file, in which the email addresses are under each other (i.e. separated by newline characters).
If you want to choose your own separator, then you can enter here up to 2 characters, to separate one address from the other.
- choose txt file if you want maximum flexibility.
- choosing csv file is probably the best if your only goal is importing in OE address book.
If you want to import the addresses in your OE address book then you are recommended to leave the header box checked.
You should be able then to import both a txt output file and a csv file.
For instance in OE 6.0, the steps to follow are something like:
- open Outlook Express
- Other Address Book
- Text File (comma separated values)
- choose csv or txt depending on your output file
- check the empty check box (will be checked already in case of csv-file)
- map E-mail Address to E-mail Address
- check your address book